Sunday, June 1, 2008

I finished!!

Saturday I walked in a 5K here in Kune sponsored for the American Diabetes Association. I signed up for it with a burst of optimism and then as the date neared I feared I would not be able to finish but decided to go and walk as far as I could. I finished with the support of two sweet sisters who walked with me when they could easily have gone faster. I really appreciated them. I even won a door prize - they drew for several of them. I may sign up for the one associated with Kuna Days or the one in Melba next month. Stephanie's hamburger buns were wonderful and Michelle's cupcakes were every bit as good as they looked. Made me want to get something to stuff some with good stuff when I get some made here.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on finishing the 5K, that is an amazing accomplishment. I hope you're not too sore after that! It was nice to be able to see you and Grandpa on Saturday. Glad you enjoyed the food too! :-)

Sarah said...

Wow. I am SO impressed that you did the 5K. I think I would have a hard time doing it. And it's always a nice bonus when you win something. I'm glad you were able to do that.

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

Yeah for you, Mom! That's a great accomplishment! I've thought about doing a 5K, but never have yet. Way to go!

Melinda said...

That's way awesome! 5K is such an accomplishment. You atr such an amazing grandma...and woman in general!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 5K! That's a wonderful thing have accomplished :) You'll have to keep us posted on any others that you sign up for! I know I always liked doing the Women's Celebration walk in Boise in the fall.

Rachel Holloway said...

IMPRESSIVE!! I wish I could say I have done something like that--but no! :)

WAY TO GO! Am proud of you!

Michelle said...

I think it's great you finished the whole thing. I have actually never done a walk like that, I always figured running around with the kids was enough for me. :-) Glad you liked the cupcakes!

Nathan said...

Wow! Way to go for doing a 5K. Nathan and I did one earlier in my pregnancy but I don't know that I could finish now. It is a good experience. We also won a door prize. That is so neat. I love winning stuff. Way to go Grandma!

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

A 5K wow! Thats awesome, congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment.