Saturday, February 7, 2009

Update

I started this blog in the first place so that I could keep you all updated on what is going on with us. We have had another week of being in the hospital - grandpa, not me. He had some congestive heart failure, underlying pneumonia and a mild heart attack. However, they have tuned him up and released him to a rehab facility in Meridian where they will try to help him regain some of his strength. I say "try" because grandpa is not always cooperative and he doesn't like to be told what to do. The blessing in all of this is that we are surrounded by good people. Jim always comes as soon as he is called. One of our home teachers came to help with giving a blessing and has checked on grandpa every day. Our family has been here to visit and help me. Four daughters taking turns coming - 3 sons here in the valley that also help and give moral support. Allen would if he could, but he is still working in Alaska. So life is good, interesting and challenging. We love all of you and pray that when it is your turn to be elderly and in need of help, your children will be as loving and supportive as ours are.

4 comments:

Nicia said...

Grandpa is in our prayers. Hope everything goes well. I'm so glad you have such a great family there for support.

Melinda said...

Mom told us. We've been praying for Grandpa and hope he gets better and home soon!

Esther said...

I hope everything turns out ok. We will keep him in our prayers. I am glad you have a support system there and that so many people are there to help.

Kathy Whittle said...

It was a wonderful visit for me, both to be with you and spend time with Dad. I'm grateful we all live close enough now to be able to come home fairly easily. Love you!