Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You Thought You Knew All the Ways to Use Duct Tape


The other day Grandpa ripped one of the famous L-shaped tears that are so hard to mend. He wanted me to patch it and I said "No" because it was a real old pair of pants and not worth the trouble. So he turned it inside out and taped it with duct tape! He really didn't want to bend for this picture but he was a good sport.
I had a good day at the Temple today but when I got home grandpa had not had a good day with Muffin. She did not want to mind him and he had to chase her around outside, etc. He said if anyone had asked for a dog today he would have given her away.
We went to dinner last night for Grandpa's birthday. Jim, Kenneth and Aaron were there with their respective families. We had a good time and enjoyed the food. That's 3 meals out in 4 days
so I guess tonight we won't be going to the Mexican place here in town. Thank you all for your expressions of Happy Birthday .

5 comments:

Melinda said...

What a good sport! I guess Grandpa wanted to keep that pair for a little longer. Glad to hear he had a good evening out. And sorry about Muffin...Evie would just love her if we could spend time there.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe I should've done that with a pair of jeans that separated on the seam last week... I didn't know of a way to sew them back together and still have them look good, so I just threw them out. It's too bad Muffin was causing trouble, but you know he wouldn't really give her away to anyone :)

Kathy Whittle said...

This is a great picture! Sorry to hear about Muffin - tell Dad she's just acting like kids do sometimes..... :)

Stephanie said...

Sometimes men can be so creative when it comes to fixing things. I think Jeff fixed a pair of pants once with tape too. They weren't good for wearing out, but he wore them around the house.

Michelle said...

When Mark rips a pair of pants, they are absolutely NOT fixable. My boys seem to be the same way. We are looking forward to seeing you when you come to base next month! Love ya!