Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finally - Some Different Activity

We finally got to do something different - we went to Idaho Falls over the weekend to visit and participate in Caleb's Mel. Priesthood ordination and office of an Elder. We had an uneventful trip over for which we were duly grateful. Always nice to have no flat tires, no snow or fog to drive through and no trouble with the car. While there we stayed in Aaron's apartment and were very grateful for his hospitality. We ate our meals with Annette & family and were also able to visit with young Aaron when he came on Sunday evening to work the next week. We had a great visit - saw Caleb's apartment - very nice and clean - that always impresses grandmas and had brownies and ice cream - that was after the ordination. In the afternoon at Annette's place we had eaten potato bar with lots of goodies and enjoyed visiting with Jared and Amanda. On our way home we stopped at Jared and Amanda's place to see their new (to them) home. It is a very nice home and is great for them. Amanda has a nice large garden spot and Jared has his pasture. Anthony has chickens, which he took great pride in showing us and was able to gather two eggs in his little egg basket. When he saw an egg he exclaimed "Oh my gosh!!" We had nice dry roads again for travelling and as always were happy to see home again. It is going to be a beautiful day and I am looking forward to walking Muffin on the green belt. And I am especially looking forward to working in the Temple tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great trip! It's always nice to be able to visit with family. Enjoy your walks on the greenbelt :) Madison and I have been going out for lots of walks the last couple of days and have really enjoyed it!

Melinda said...

So glad to hear things were safe! Wish we'd still been there to benefit from your visit...I miss being so close to my side of the family. (But I'm very grateful to be close to any family at all.) Enjoy being home again, and the greenbelt, too!

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a good trip. I bet that meant a lot to Caleb to have you there. He was really excited. And I'm sure it was nice for you to have so much family there to see. Enjoy the nice weather and your walk.

Esther said...

That is so wonderful that you got to go to my parents house. Yeah. I wish we could have been there but it was changed so suddenly and I was still not well. I would not have been fun company. I love that you are so supportive of everyone and their making right choices. You seem to always make it to the events that mean most to us. Thank you for that.

Karen said...

I'm so glad you got to go be at the ordination and wish we could have been there too. I miss you so much. I think Kathy and I are meeting to visit Annette and Abby before they fly to Cleveland. We are looking forward to that. Amazing how your family has grown and spread through the country!